Do you want to stop overpaying and find cheaper insurance rates in San Juan Capistrano, CA? Having to pay for high-priced insurance in San Juan Capistrano can overdraw your savings account and make it tough to pay other bills.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of insureds in California kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers can cut their rates by approximately $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes. Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on insurance.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Juan Capistrano is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart buyers just need to learn the proper way to compare company rates online.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Early Signing - Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get San Juan Capistrano car insurance quotes online.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Juan Capistrano and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop San Juan Capistrano car insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
To choose auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Juan Capistrano, click here.
Low cost San Juan Capistrano auto insurance quotes
Finding more affordable auto insurance rates isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to spend a little time to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
It's so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to go to insurance agencies in your area. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the extra assistance only provided by licensed San Juan Capistrano agents. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but buy from a local San Juan Capistrano insurance agent.
The following companies offer free quotes in San Juan Capistrano, CA. In order to find the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$2,060||$1,030||$172|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,298||$649||$108|
|GMC Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$1,752||$876||$146|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$986||$493||$82|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,884||$942||$157|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,674||$837||$140|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can change premiums substantially.
Higher deductibles save money
A question often asked by San Juan Capistrano drivers is what deductibles to buy. The comparisons below approximate the differences in premium rates of buying low and high insurance deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second set of rates uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific San Juan Capistrano garaging location which can impact rates greatly.
Based on these figures, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $31 more each month or $372 a year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to average at least 13 months between claims, you would most likely save money if you choose a higher deductible.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Local San Juan Capistrano car insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in San Juan Capistrano.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in San Juan Capistrano who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a local San Juan Capistrano insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance agents in San Juan Capistrano can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in San Juan Capistrano will have answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
After getting good responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you've probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Juan Capistrano, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you'll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your vehicle.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people's claims, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
In the end, you can save money
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your insurance premium rates in San Juan Capistrano. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Juan Capistrano car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)