Want to save money and find the cheapest insurance rates in Mission Viejo, CA? Mission Viejo buyers have many options when searching for low-cost car insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates on a and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Mission Viejo agents.
Cheap Mission Viejo car insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Resident Student - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, driver training, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, military installation, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Esurance discounts include online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, claim free, emergency road assistance, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, multi-car, distant student, business and professional, youthful driver, pay in full, and switch companies.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in California, click here.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates utilizes the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as your job, how much you drive, your credit rating estimate, and whether you are single or married. The data gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,526||$763||$127|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,946||$973||$162|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,670||$835||$139|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,262||$631||$105|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,916||$958||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how violations and accident claims increase Ford F-150 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without full coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Get lower-cost prices by understanding these factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- How your age affects costs - More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability is critical - Liability coverage kicks in if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Keep the miles off and save - The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Frequent claims will cost you - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don't be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in California provide lower rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Vehicle options impact prices - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder vehicle theft.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - The majority of insurance companies allow lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Always keep your insurance policy in force - Not having insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? - There are a ton of additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote more and you will save more
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Discount car insurance in Mission Viejo can be purchased both online in addition to many Mission Viejo insurance agents, so you need to quote Mission Viejo auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Fremont, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in California? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)