Are you trying to find the cheapest insurance rates in Reedley, CA? Having to pay for overpriced insurance in Reedley can bottom out your monthly budget and maybe even restrict other spending.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Reedley can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
Because you have many companies to choose from , it can be diffult for drivers to pick the lowest cost insurance provider.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rates in California
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,668||$834||$139|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$2,020||$1,010||$168|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,070||$535||$89|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,676||$838||$140|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,722||$861||$144|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,752||$876||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can alter price quotes considerably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
When shopping for car insurance, a common question is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The rates below show the differences in price of buying low and high physical damage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 deductible and the second rate table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter prices significantly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $250 deductible will cost you about $33 more each month or $396 each year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $750 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go more than 23 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money if you choose a higher deductible. The table below illustrates a better example of how you can make your own decision.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$133|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $100|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$33|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $33|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||23 months|
An important sidenote is that raising deductibles to get cheaper rates means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you have a comprehensive or collision claim. That will necessitate enough extra money in the event you need to pay more for the deductible.
Why your price might be higher
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower premium levels.
- Cheaper rates by bundling - Most larger companies provide lower prices to people who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Drive less and save - The more you drive your car in a year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- High deductibles save money - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Minor frequent car insurance claims are not good - If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn't be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in California generally give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Marriage discount - Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. It usually means you are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your costs - An insured's credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score.
- How old are your drivers? - Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Cheaper rates on car insurance with these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every available discount very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Reedley car insurance online. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow driving data collection to track vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Reedley. To view insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Reedley who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How are they compensated?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents in Reedley can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
After receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as cheaper Reedley car insurance quotes, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Car insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim that you'll save big if you move your car insurance policy to them. That's great but how can every company offer drivers better rates? It's all in the words they use.
Insurance providers give the best rates for the type of insured that makes them money. One example of a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest premium rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall short of this ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums which translates to the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict the company that will have the best premium rates for your profile.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Discount auto insurance is attainable online in addition to many Reedley insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is available at these links:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Glendale, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Bakersfield, California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fresno, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)