Want to learn how to find lower-priced insurance rates in Wasco, CA? High-priced insurance in Wasco can bottom out your savings and put a big crunch on your finances.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average insurance premium being $1,387, Wasco drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest cost out there.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on insurance at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Wasco is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Nevertheless, California consumers need to learn how companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
Compare car insurance rates
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from different Wasco insurance companies. The best way to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web and have a local Wasco agent actually service the policy. Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Wasco, CA. To locate cheap car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,936||$968||$161|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,800||$900||$150|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$1,318||$659||$110|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,510||$755||$126|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$1,262||$631||$105|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,816||$908||$151|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,840||$920||$153|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can alter rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below illustrates the difference between car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Wasco. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Nissan Sentra insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can impact Toyota Camry auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Wasco and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Club Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application online.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for good student, good driver, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, defensive driver, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, good student, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click here.
Local Wasco insurance agents and car insurance
Many people just want to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don't have to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cost influencing factors
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- You may save more by combining policies - Lots of companies will award discounts to buyers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates - Having a good credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Long commutes cost more - Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better car insurance rates - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your vehicle has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Liability protection - Liability insurance provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Expect high rates for teens - More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are for economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Wasco, car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Don't give up on cheap rates
You just read some good ideas how you can save on insurance in Wasco. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Wasco car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
A few companies don't offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Wasco agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Glendale, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Car Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)