I doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in California could cut their rates by up to $500 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates. Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the definite lowest rate on insurance.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons before your next renewal since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to get good coverage on insurance at a lower rate.
The best way to compare policy rates is to know auto insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give them some information including whether or not you need a SR-22, the ages of drivers, how much coverage you want, and whether you are married. That information is instantly provided to all major companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Ridgecrest, CA. To find cheap car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,530||$765||$128|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,700||$850||$142|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,638||$819||$137|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,754||$877||$146|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Ridgecrest garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
One frequently asked question is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The following insurance rates can help you understand how much more you'll pay between high and low coverage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$298||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,601||$133|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$298||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,601||$133|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,645||$137|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$342||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,747||$146|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$278||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,508||$126|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in your specific Ridgecrest location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $250 deductible costs about $17 more each month or $204 each year than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to average at a minimum 15 months between claims, you would come out ahead if you choose a higher deductible.
How to determine if a higher deductible is a good idea
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$135|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $118|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$17|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $17|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||15 months|
One big caveat is that raising deductibles to save money results in having to pay to pay more out-of-pocket when you do file a claim. You must have some available funds in the event you have to pay the deductible.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders raise Chevrolet Silverado insurance prices for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Don't overlook these car insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you don't get every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Ridgecrest and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new car can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount - Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Ridgecrest car insurance quotes online.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Esurance has savings for paid-in-full, homeowner, defensive driver, Switch & Save, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, good student, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, and defensive driving training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state. To choose car insurance companies who offer discounts in Ridgecrest, follow this link.
You have control over your car insurance costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Your spouse can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Frequent claims will cost more - Auto insurance companies in California give discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Women tend to take less risk - The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Drive less and get lower rates - The more you drive in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your policy reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Young drivers in California have a tendency to be more careless with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
Can switching companies really save?
California drivers can't get away from all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the companies say the same thing that you'll save big just by switching your policy.
How does every car insurance company cost less than your current company? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable customer may need to be a female over age 40, has other policies, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anybody that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Ridgecrest and will also save money with a new company.
Potential customers who fall outside the ideal profile may be forced to pay a higher premium and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
One last thing to lower rates
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your auto insurance prices in Ridgecrest. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
While you're price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in California? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)