Would you prefer to buy low-cost car insurance rates in Santee, CA? If you're new to shopping for Santee auto insurance quotes online, you can easily be overwhelmed because of the huge number insurance agents and companies all advertising big savings.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. California insurance shoppers could save an average of $469 each year, but they think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Finding and buying the lowest cost coverage in Santee is easy if you know what you're doing. But California car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Car insurance companies in Santee
The following companies can provide price quotes in Santee, CA. To find the best cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,438||$719||$120|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,572||$786||$131|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,954||$977||$163|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,848||$924||$154|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,638||$819||$137|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Nissan Sentra annual premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The example below shows the difference between premium costs for male and female drivers in Santee. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Kia Optima SX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Good choices result in lower rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
Listed below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Premiums drop with age - Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Gender and auto insurance - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Safety ratings are a factor - Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Urban areas may pay more - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Marriage can lower rates - Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Driving citations can increase prices - Drivers who don't get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Even one ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Sign Early and Save - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy early. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Discount - Santee drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, bundle discounts, homeowner, early shopping, distant student, and mature driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new graduate, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting free Santee auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Santee who will give you quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
When looking for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Frequent quotes can save
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, questionable increases in premium and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cost effective insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Santee agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)