Have you had enough of not being able to scrape enough together to pay your insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other drivers in California.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in California could save about 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they won't spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Anaheim seems hard but is not really that difficult. But California drivers should learn the way insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering affordable prices in California
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Anaheim, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$2,020||$1,010||$168|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,354||$677||$113|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,680||$840||$140|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,986||$993||$166|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The example below visualizes the comparison of premium costs for male and female drivers in Anaheim. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Kia Optima LX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Pilot car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Honda Pilot replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Should you raise deductibles?
One common question asked by Anaheim drivers is what deductibles to buy. The tables below can help show the rate differences of buying low and high coverage deductibles. The first rate comparisons uses a $250 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$780||$552||$32||$166||$1,941||$162|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,835||$153|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,835||$153|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$490||$552||$32||$166||$1,478||$123|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$490||$442||$26||$132||$1,356||$113|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$490||$442||$26||$132||$1,356||$113|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can modify price quotes substantially.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible will cost you about $37 more each month or $444 for a full year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $750 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to average more than 20 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money if you choose the higher deductible.
Companies offer many discounts on car insurance
Some companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Signing - Some companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, air bags, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Allstate may include discounts for utility vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, good payer, and premier plus.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Anaheim car insurance agent
Many people just want to sit down with an agent. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Anaheim.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Anaheim who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you want local Anaheim agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Anaheim who can help you get free rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Anaheim that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Anaheim, get answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Anaheim?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Where are claims handled?
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Discount insurance in Anaheim is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Anaheim agents, so you need to shop Anaheim auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
As you quote Anaheim auto insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Immigrants in California? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)