Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive auto insurance rates in Palmdale, CA? Are you burned out from trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other consumers in California.
Sad but true, almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in California could pocket up to 35% a year by just shopping around, but they won't spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every company to get the lowest rate possible on auto insurance.
It's smart to take a look at other company's rates yearly since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on auto insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. There are lots of tips to save on auto insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to find affordable auto insurance in Palmdale.
Low-cost companies for Palmdale car insurance
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Palmdale, CA. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,070||$535||$89|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,396||$698||$116|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,778||$889||$148|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,674||$837||$140|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,586||$793||$132|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease GMC Acadia insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Discount - Palmdale drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
If you need low cost Palmdale car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. To find companies that offer multiple discounts in Palmdale, click here to view.
Local Palmdale insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How often do they review coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Palmdale?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Best car insurance agent in Palmdale
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Palmdale agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you will want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
But the ad said I'd save 15% in 15 minutes!
Big name companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all make the point about saving some big amount if you get a free Palmdale car insurance quote and switch your policy. How can each company give you a better price on auto insurance? It's all in the numbers.
Auto insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a low-risk occupation, and insures a new vehicle. Anybody that fits those parameters is entitled to the best price and will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for these standards must pay higher premium rates which usually ends up with business not being written. The trick is to say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's why insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best prices. This really illustrates why it is so important to compare as many free Palmdale car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will have the best auto insurance in Palmdale.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can save on insurance in Palmdale. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Irvine, California? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)