Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced insurance rates in Avenal, CA? Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to pay insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other California drivers.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save nearly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a great practice to shop coverage around on a regular basis because rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. You'll find a ton of advice on insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get some excellent ideas to save money.
If you have a current insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest insurance in Avenal can be made easier if you know where to look. Vehicle owners just have to use the quickest way to get comparison rates over the internet.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes is to know the trick most of the larger companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as if a SR-22 is required, if you are currently licensed, how you use your vehicles, and if you're married. Your details is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Avenal, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,500||$750||$125|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,390||$695||$116|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Fusion book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
What determines auto insurance prices?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the things companies use to determine rates.
Get better rates if married - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
How your age affects costs - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
High physical damage deductibles cost less - The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Guys tend to take more risk - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
Don't neglect these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, good student, and military active duty.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, 55 and older, student driver, air bags, and homeowners.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Avenal car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Avenal.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Avenal insurance agency
Many people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Avenal.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How are they compensated?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
After you get good feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an insurance company that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into the insurance policy for the full policy term.
Quote more and you will save more
We've covered a lot of information how to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cost effective auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Santa Clarita, California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fresno, California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)