Would you like to find low-cost car insurance rates in Indio, CA? Searching for the cheapest insurance for your car in California can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your and find the lowest price from Indio insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company's rates occasionally because prices trend upward over time. If you had the best rates on car insurance last year a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the quickest way to find better coverage on car insurance at a better price.
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Comparing insurance rates online can be done by anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When complete, the quote system collects your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get the cheapest price.
If you want to compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in California. To find cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,070||$535||$89|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,192||$596||$99|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,710||$855||$143|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,554||$777||$130|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,590||$795||$133|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between GMC Acadia car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your GMC Acadia claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault claims raise Ford Escape premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The chart below shows the difference between auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Indio. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied on a GMC Acadia SL.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in California overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Don't believe everything you hear
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest prices from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim that people will save just by moving your auto insurance policy to them.
How does every company make almost identical claims? This is the trick they use.
Auto insurance companies provide the lowest rates for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a desirable risk might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anyone that fits those parameters may get the lowest rates in Indio and most likely will save some money.
Consumers who do not meet these stringent criteria will be quoted a higher premium which translates to the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much. That's the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you should compare as many free Indio car insurance quotes as you can. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest auto insurance in Indio.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Indio auto insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Indio may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, mature driver, multi-car, pay in full, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, multi-vehicle, air bags, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, family plan, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Indio. To see a list of providers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
When you buy Indio car insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare auto insurance rates in Indio. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheap Indio car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Fontana, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)