Searching for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Maywood, CA? Maywood shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced car insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the proper way to compare rates for a and locate the lowest price.
Cheapest companies for Maywood car insurance
The companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,706||$853||$142|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,884||$942||$157|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,620||$810||$135|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Tahoe car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn't a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Tahoe replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Save Money with these tips
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Younger driver insurance rates - Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce prices - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Low stress vocation equals lower premiums - Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and accountants are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, historians and retirees pay the least.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. It may mean you are more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- What type of car do you drive? - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Safer vehicles save money - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles - Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
Discounts mean cheaper rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in school.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new car may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate providers with the best discounts in Maywood, click this link.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Cover all your bases
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Maywood is possible on the web in addition to many Maywood insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We've covered many ideas to save on car insurance in Maywood. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
When searching for low cost Maywood car insurance quotes, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in California? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)