Do you want to save money by buying cheaper insurance rates in Moraga, CA? Moraga buyers have a choice when searching for affordable car insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for a and find the best price possible either online or from Moraga insurance agents.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take the time comparing price quotes to see which company has inexpensive Moraga auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. To get the best car insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,438||$719||$120|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,418||$709||$118|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify coverage prices significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Ford F-150 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below shows the difference between Kia Optima car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Kia Optima settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Moraga
The information below shows the comparison of car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Moraga. Data assumes no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Elantra GLS.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Moraga, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance ads are enticing
Consumers can't get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to state the claim about saving some big amount just by moving to their company.
How does each company charge less that you're paying now?
All the different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For example, this type of driver might be over the age of 50, has a clear driving record, and has a short commute. A driver who fits those characteristics will get a cheap rate quote in Moraga and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don't qualify for this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of the profiling, you need to compare as many free Moraga auto insurance quotes as you can. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest car insurance in Moraga.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Moraga auto insurance.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your premiums.
Some companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of companies that offer discounts in California, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to companies in Moraga that can provide free Moraga auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Two types of Moraga car insurance agents
If you need to find local Moraga agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
Budget-friendly car insurance in Moraga is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies don't offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just showed you many ways to compare car insurance premium rates in Moraga. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Moraga auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)