Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest car insurance rates in Monrovia, CA? Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Monrovia can bottom out your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Comparison shopping is a fast and free way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Sad but true, most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Monrovia can save about $469 each year, but they won't spend time to compare rates and save money.
Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute cheapest price on car insurance.
Cheapest companies for Monrovia auto insurance
The following companies offer price quotes in California. To buy cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,834||$917||$153|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,366||$683||$114|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$990||$495||$83|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,494||$747||$125|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,978||$989||$165|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify prices noticeably.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Monrovia
The information below illustrates the difference between premium costs for male and female drivers in Monrovia. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Focus SEL.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Ford Fusion book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can raise Honda Civic annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Monrovia Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Multi-line Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, student away at school, good student, accident-free, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, early shopping, teen driver, distant student, pay in full, business and professional, and multi-car.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- USAA may include discounts for loyalty savings, driver training, annual mileage, vehicle storage, military installation, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in California, follow this link.
How insurance companies determine insurance rates
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better rates - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your vehicle is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Drive lots and pay more - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your vehicle rating states the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rates go up with performance - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for small economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Getting married can save on insurance - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Monrovia.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Monrovia who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you should always contact several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long has their agency been in business in Monrovia?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Monrovia?
Persistence will pay off
We just presented many tips how you can lower your car insurance rates in Monrovia. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Low-cost car insurance in Monrovia can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Moreno Valley, California? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)