Would you like to stop overpaying and find lower-priced insurance rates in Dublin, CA? Finding cheaper prices on insurance can seem to be quite difficult for drivers not familiar with buying insurance online. With so many insurance companies available, it can quickly become hard work to find more affordable insurance rates.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most insurance buyers in California have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. could save about $859 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is give them rating details including your general credit rating, marital status, how much school you completed, and distance driven. The data is then sent to all major companies and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Dublin.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Dublin, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,154||$577||$96|
|GMC Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,892||$946||$158|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,676||$838||$140|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in Dublin location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can increase GMC Acadia car insurance rates for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance is not optional in California
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
What determines the cost of insurance?
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Prevent policy lapses - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Are you male or female? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- High performance equals high costs - The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Liability coverage - Liability insurance kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save by driving less - The higher the miles on your car in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage.
Discounts for lower Dublin auto insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Driver Safety - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck. But all discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
A few companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Dublin. To find companies with the best discounts in California, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Dublin, get answers to these questions.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Different types of car insurance agents in Dublin
If you are searching for local Dublin agents, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it's recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance prices in Dublin. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Dublin auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Low-cost auto insurance in Dublin can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Dublin, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)