Would you like to buy cheaper insurance rates in Galt, CA? Frustrated by the number of insurance choices that you can choose from? Lot's of other drivers are too. California consumers have so many choices to choose from that it can easily become a real challenge to find lower prices on insurance. Galt is an excellent city in which to live, but high insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to stay on budget.
Unthinkable but true, most California insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in the United States could save as much as $850 a year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Choosing the best rates in Galt can be made easier if you know where to look. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this information. But California drivers must know how companies sell online because it varies considerably.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Galt auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Sign Online - A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
- New Car Discount - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class in school.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select companies reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Just know that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above are:
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not be offered in Galt. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rate quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
In order to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in California. To locate cheap car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,886||$943||$157|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,934||$967||$161|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,658||$829||$138|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,792||$896||$149|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Car insurance deductibles
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Chevrolet Tahoe insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up Honda Civic car insurance rates for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why your price might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Insurance policy lapses increase rates - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in fines and jail time.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free - Insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Married drivers pay lower rates - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability protection claims can be big - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Obey driving laws and save - Just one citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Battle of the sexes - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that females are better at driving than males. Females and males are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Influences performance influences costs - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Galt should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How many companies do they write for?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a good Galt insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Galt can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance prices in Galt. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chula Vista, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Santa Ana, California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in California? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)