Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive car insurance rates in Oceanside, CA? No normal person enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Oceanside insurance shoppers could cut their rates by about $469 a year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy. Having so many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the cheapest insurance company.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save - A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Oceanside car insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Oceanside, click here to view.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide details such as if a SR-22 is required, your job, if it has an alarm system, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Those rating factors is instantly sent to insurance companies and they return cost estimate quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Oceanside.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Oceanside, CA. To locate cheaper auto insurance in California, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,548||$774||$129|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$886||$443||$74|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,316||$658||$110|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,418||$709||$118|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Oceanside which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
One frequently asked question is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The premium rates below can help you visualize how much more you'll pay of buying low and high physical damage deductibles. The first data table uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$298||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,305||$109|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$298||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,305||$109|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$298||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,305||$109|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$342||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,349||$112|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$342||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,349||$112|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$342||$576||$376||$22||$112||$1,453||$121|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$242||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,134||$95|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$242||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,134||$95|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$242||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,134||$95|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$278||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,170||$98|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$278||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,170||$98|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$278||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,252||$104|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Oceanside location which can revise insurance rates noticeably.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible costs approximately $14 more each month or $168 each year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $250 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go more than 18 months between claims, you would probably be better off going with the higher deductible.
Raise deductibles and save
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can change Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Smart consumers know how to buy auto insurance for less
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Use but don't abuse your insurance - Car insurance companies in California generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your age impacts your rates - Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Single drivers may pay more - Being married can actually save you money on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Add-on coverages can waste money - There are a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- Save money with responsible credit - Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by improving your rating.
- Men pay higher premiums - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Oceanside.
Once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oceanside?
Insurance is not optional in California
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent to save money
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare insurance rates in Oceanside. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Oceanside car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)