Do you want more competitive auto insurance rates in Seaside, CA? I can't think of anyone who fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Sadly, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could save $470 every year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to do a rate comparison. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Auto insurance companies in California
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in California. To buy cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,578||$789||$132|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$1,070||$535||$89|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,724||$862||$144|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,758||$879||$147|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise premium rates significantly.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The example below compares insurance prices for male and female drivers in Seaside. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in on a Nissan Altima 3.5 SR.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cautious Seaside drivers save money
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accidents drive up Chevrolet Silverado car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below shows the difference between GMC Acadia annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your GMC Acadia settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Take advantage of these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Seaside may earn you a small savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Seaside car insurance.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Don't give up on cheap rates
We just showed you many tips how you can compare insurance rates in Seaside. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More information is available on the following sites:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Santa Clarita, California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)