Searching for better insurance prices for a car in California can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a and obtain the cheapest rates from Calabasas insurance agents and online providers.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. California drivers could save an average of almost $500 each year, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Calabasas can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates is to know car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including your occupation, types of safety features, how much education you have, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your information gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Calabasas, CA. To get cheaper car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,706||$853||$142|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,498||$749||$125|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,340||$670||$112|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,678||$839||$140|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$2,002||$1,001||$167|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,722||$861||$144|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Calabasas location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The example below compares insurance costs for male and female drivers in Calabasas. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a GMC Acadia SLE.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of policy deductibles
When shopping for auto insurance, a common question is which deductible level should you buy. The comparison tables below approximate the rate difference between high and low physical damage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 deductible and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$780||$552||$32||$166||$1,941||$162|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,835||$153|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,835||$153|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,694||$141|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,578||$132|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,578||$132|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates significantly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible costs approximately $20 more each month or $240 each year than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you usually have more than 13 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money if you choose a higher deductible.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Hyundai Sonata insurance rates for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take policy discounts and save on car insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Calabasas auto insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower car insurance rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, multi-policy, driver training, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, save driver, driver training, good student, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide has discounts for good student, business or organization, anti-theft, defensive driving, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, business and professional, mature driver, multi-car, and distant student.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, Switch & Save, defensive driver, and safety device.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, driver's education, student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good driver, anti-theft, location of vehicle, accident-free, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurers with discount rates in California, click here to view.
Lower Calabasas auto insurance prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Male prices may be higher - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Rural areas have lower costs - Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Car plus home equals more savings - The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to clients who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying from different companies
Performance makes a difference - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Getting quotes from local Calabasas insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Calabasas who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Calabasas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you receive satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you may have found an provider that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume you're contractually obligated to your new company for the full term.
It's not one size fits all
When buying adequate coverage, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)