Are you looking for more competitive car insurance rates in Garden Grove, CA? If you're shopping for lower-priced insurance online, do you get confused by the wide range of car insurance companies in Garden Grove? There are such a large number of options that it can turn into a ton of work to compare rates on car insurance. If you live there, you know that Garden Grove is an excellent city in which to live, but paying high car insurance rates can make it impossible to make ends meet.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Consumers in California could save up to 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
It's a good habit to compare prices every six months since insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest price on car insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance out there, but we're going to give you some great ideas on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in California. In order to find the best auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$886||$443||$74|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$886||$443||$74|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Garden Grove location which can revise prices noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up Honda Civic car insurance rates for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The chart below compares insurance costs for male and female drivers in Garden Grove. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Toyota Corolla LE.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cheaper Garden Grove car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- College Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper Garden Grove car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Renewal Discounts - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Garden Grove, click here to view.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Garden Grove, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in Garden Grove who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How are they compensated?
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you may have found a company that is a good match to service your policy.