Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can bleed your checking account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparison shopping is a great way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Shockingly, the vast majority of California insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. American consumers could save as much as $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
Big companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest price on insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in California
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in California. To get the cheapest auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$2,226||$1,113||$186|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Ford F-150 FX2 2WD||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,306||$653||$109|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,758||$879||$147|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,800||$900||$150|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in La Habra which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age in La Habra
The information below visualizes the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in La Habra. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied on a Honda Civic LX.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Save Money with these tips
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
High coverage deductibles lower costs - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
High credit scores save money - Credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit.
Bad driving means higher prices - Careful drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even one driving citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Lower-cost La Habra auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Safe Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Paperwork-free - Certain insurance companies will give a small break shop La Habra auto insurance over the internet.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a defensive driver class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include good student, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family has savings for good driver, air bags, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and federal employee.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply everywhere. To see providers with discount rates in California, click here to view.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Lower-priced insurance in La Habra can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Felons in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Anaheim, CA? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Fremont, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)