If you're looking for lower-cost insurance, are you baffled by the number of car insurance providers in your area? Consumers have so many providers available that it can really be a chore to find the best prices. Daly City is an excellent city in which to live, but high car insurance rates can make it very difficult to afford enough coverage.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. The average driver in Daly City could save themselves almost $470 a year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
You should take the time to quote other rates every six months due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on car insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're going to learn how to quote online to find lower rates on car insurance.
Cheap Daly City car insurance
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices will enable you to find the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Daly City, CA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,526||$763||$127|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,506||$753||$126|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,354||$677||$113|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,520||$760||$127|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,772||$886||$148|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,542||$771||$129|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,824||$912||$152|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$1,562||$781||$130|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,676||$838||$140|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change price quotes significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
One of the more difficult decisions when buying car insurance is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The following tables help summarize the differences in price of buying low and high coverage deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second set of rates uses a $500 deductible.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,815||$151|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$430||$810||$500||$30||$150||$1,945||$162|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$430||$932||$500||$30||$150||$2,067||$172|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Daly City which can impact coverage prices substantially.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs an average of $33 more each month or $396 for a full year than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at least 12 months between claims, you would come out ahead if you opt for a higher deductible.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Hyundai Elantra annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Honda Civic annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Daly City, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap Daly City car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Daly City who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Daly City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Auto insurance agents in Daly City come in two varieties
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Daly City insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Daly City may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage for any reason so don't assume that you're stuck with a specific agent for a certain time period.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium and even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
When searching for the cheapest Daly City auto insurance quotes, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)