Do you want to save money by buying more affordable Ford Focus insurance in San Francisco? No one in their right mind likes buying auto insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in America can cut their rates by almost $850 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy. Because you have many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Ford Focus in San Francisco, it is very difficult to pick the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
You need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest premium rates on Ford Focus insurance in San Francisco two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford Focus insurance in San Francisco
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a slight reduction on a San Francisco auto insurance quote.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, air bags, and multi-policy.
- USAA may include discounts for family discount, annual mileage, vehicle storage, multi-policy, new vehicle, loyalty savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance has savings for safety device, defensive driver, anti-theft, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, teen driver, multi-car, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, and driver's education.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in San Francisco, CA. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in California, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$276||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,526||$127|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,298||$108|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$780||$534||$32||$160||$1,798||$150|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,742||$145|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$664||$524||$32||$156||$1,670||$139|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$536||$510||$30||$152||$1,498||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in San Francisco
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims can drive up Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Focus insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford Focus?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my Ford Focus covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in San Francisco who want to provide quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in San Francisco should know the answers to these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are searching for a local San Francisco insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out how they are different since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in San Francisco who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are San Francisco independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 - San Francisco, CA 94111 - (415) 870-6999 - View Map
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Cheap Ford Focus insurance in San Francisco is possible online and also from your neighborhood San Francisco agents, so you need to quote San Francisco auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on Ford Focus insurance in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)