Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Laguna Woods, CA? Laguna Woods buyers have options when searching for the best price on car insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your and get the cheapest rates from Laguna Woods insurance agents and online providers.
A recent car insurance study revealed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Drivers in California could pocket roughly $469 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rates on car insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You'll find a ton of advice on car insurance online but we're going to give you some guaranteed methods to lower your car insurance premiums.
Getting more affordable insurance pricing can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. To locate cheaper auto insurance in California, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,800||$900||$150|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,766||$883||$147|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,312||$656||$109|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$2,096||$1,048||$175|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,390||$695||$116|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,936||$968||$161|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,304||$652||$109|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in Laguna Woods location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The example below compares insurance costs for male and female drivers in Laguna Woods. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Elantra Blue.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below illustrates the difference between Honda Pilot insurance premiums with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Pilot claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Are you eligible for every discount?
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Multi-line Discount - Some insurance carriers give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Good Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers could receive reduced rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, safety features, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe driver, air bags, company car, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, mature driver, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, driver training, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
When getting free Laguna Woods auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Laguna Woods, click this link.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.