How many times have you said it's time to compare low-cost insurance rates in Livermore, CA? Livermore buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost car insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for your and locate the lowest price.
It's smart to check insurance prices at least once a year since insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on insurance six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it's time to teach you the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
We hope to instruct you on how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using this information. Comparison shoppers just have to understand how to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
Car insurance companies in Livermore
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. If you wish to find the best car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,754||$877||$146|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
When comparing auto insurance rates, the most common question is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The following insurance rates may help you to understand the price difference when you select higher and lower coverage deductibles. The first data table uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second set of prices uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$332||$564||$376||$22||$112||$1,431||$119|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$332||$564||$376||$22||$112||$1,431||$119|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$332||$564||$376||$22||$112||$1,431||$119|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$380||$564||$376||$22||$112||$1,479||$123|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$380||$564||$376||$22||$112||$1,479||$123|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$380||$686||$376||$22||$112||$1,601||$133|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$184||$298||$376||$22||$112||$992||$83|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$184||$298||$376||$22||$112||$992||$83|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$184||$298||$376||$22||$112||$992||$83|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$210||$298||$376||$22||$112||$1,018||$85|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$210||$298||$376||$22||$112||$1,018||$85|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$210||$362||$376||$22||$112||$1,082||$90|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates substantially.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $38 more each month or $456 each year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $900 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have at least 24 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money by going with a higher deductible. The illustration below shows how this decision is made.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$123|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $85|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$38|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $38|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||24 months|
One important caveat is that increasing deductibles to save money means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you have a comprehensive or collision claim. That will require a higher level of savings in the event you have to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
Discounts can help lower rates on car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don't list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Livermore car insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower prices.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, accident-free, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and daytime running lights.
- 21st Century has discounts for homeowners, defensive driver, driver training, air bags, early bird, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you want low cost Livermore car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Livermore. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, follow this link.
Five ways to buy auto insurance for less in Livermore
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Save money by having excellent credit - Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. So if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Accidents hurt - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Higher prices for coverage lapses - Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- How your age affects rates - More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Don't buy incidental coverages that may not be needed - There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce car insurance premium rates online in Livermore. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Discount car insurance in Livermore is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Livermore car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in San Diego, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Immigrants in California? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)