Would you like an easy way to compare low-cost auto insurance rates in Dixon, CA? Scraping up a payment for high-priced auto insurance in Dixon can dry up your monthly budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Getting a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that almost 70% of insureds in California kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States could save $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates and save money. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheap auto insurance companies in Dixon
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Dixon, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,680||$840||$140|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,758||$879||$147|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,792||$896||$149|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,624||$812||$135|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,586||$793||$132|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,762||$881||$147|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Dixon location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Males versus Females
The illustration below compares car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Dixon. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Ford Fusion SEL AWD.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and accident claims raise Nissan Altima insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Free - Dixon drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. To find insurers who offer car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Local Dixon auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Dixon.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Dixon are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Dixon, get answers to these questions.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Persistent drivers can save
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on car insurance in Dixon. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Dixon auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable car insurance in Dixon is possible both online and with local Dixon insurance agents, so get free Dixon auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Moreno Valley, California? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)