Finding cheaper insurance for a car in California can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your and get the lowest possible price from Santa Paula insurance agents and online providers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in California can save $470 each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best quotes on insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper insurance.
Where can I get low cost Santa Paula insurance?
Finding a better price on insurance is an easy way to save money. All that's required is to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Santa Paula car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Santa Paula, CA. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,766||$883||$147|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$966||$483||$81|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,394||$697||$116|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,884||$942||$157|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,614||$807||$135|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,540||$770||$128|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Ford F-150 auto insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Where to set your deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Ford Fusion insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Santa Paula, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Santa Paula Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Devices - Santa Paula drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on the internet.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- 21st Century has discounts for theft prevention, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, early bird, and homeowners.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, good driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Esurance offers discounts for paid-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, safety device, online shopper, and renters.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, good student, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in California, follow this link.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Santa Paula that can provide free Santa Paula car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Santa Paula can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also have access to different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you've probably found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy. It's important to know that it's your policy and you can cancel a policy for any reason so never feel that you're stuck with the auto insurance policy for any length of time.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Some car insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents. Cost effective car insurance can be found online and with local Santa Paula insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be read on the following sites:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)