Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save themselves 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the fact that there are so many choices of insurance companies, it can be challenging to locate the right insurance company.
Buying affordable auto insurance in South El Monte is not that difficult. If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just need to use how to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
How to find the cheapest auto insurance in South El Monte
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in South El Monte, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,916||$958||$160|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,712||$856||$143|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,318||$659||$110|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,934||$967||$161|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,498||$749||$125|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,936||$968||$161|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific South El Monte garaging location which can alter rates substantially.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Honda Civic annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between premium costs for male and female drivers in South El Monte. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in on a Toyota Corolla LE.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get lower-cost car insurance with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, anti-theft, defensive driver, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, family plan, multi-policy, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in South El Monte. To see car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in South El Monte, click here to view.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost in South El Monte, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it's worth?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.