Want to know how to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Poway, CA? Do you think you bought overpriced car insurance? You're in good company because many Poway consumers are in the same pinch.
Sad but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in California kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers could save an average of about 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
People have multiple insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare company pricing.
It's a great practice to compare rates on a regular basis because car insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best quotes on car insurance six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on car insurance.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps locate the best price.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. To get the best auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,306||$653||$109|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$986||$493||$82|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,978||$989||$165|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,758||$879||$147|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change price quotes considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below examines Hyundai Sonata insurance costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Sonata claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims can impact Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take policy discounts and save on auto insurance
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course in safe driver may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in every state.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Poway, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Comparing rates from local Poway car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Poway?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which family members are covered?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you get positive responses to any questions you have and inexpensive Poway auto insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found a company that can properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind you can cancel your coverage for any reason so never feel that you're stuck with any specific company indefinitely.