Searching for the lowest price quotes is rather challenging for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates and buying car insurance on the internet. With so many insurance agents and online companies, how can drivers have time to compare every company in order to find lower car insurance premiums?
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Pinole could save as much as $469 each year, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If you want to find cheap car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,562||$781||$130|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,602||$801||$134|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$1,548||$774||$129|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,540||$770||$128|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$2,226||$1,113||$186|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$966||$483||$81|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in Pinole location which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Pinole, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Pinole auto insurance depending on your company.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall premium however.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, military active duty, seat belt use, air bags, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, drive less, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To choose companies who offer discounts in California, click here to view.
Don't I need to get advice from an insurance agency?
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Pinole that can give you free Pinole auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Different types of Pinole auto insurance agents
When researching a local Pinole insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you include at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce car insurance premium rates online in Pinole. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Some car insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cost effective car insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Pinole agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be found at these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Santa Clarita, California? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Business Use in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)