Are you searching for cheaper auto insurance rates in Hollister, CA? Wish you could get a refund on overpriced auto insurance? Don't feel bad because many Hollister drivers feel the same as you.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Hollister consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
Big-name insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ads and it can be hard to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because auto insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on auto insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the easiest way to save on auto insurance.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company allows you to get online quotes, so you need to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. To get the cheapest auto insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,500||$750||$125|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,798||$899||$150|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,674||$837||$140|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,928||$964||$161|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,916||$958||$160|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in garaging location in Hollister which can impact coverage prices significantly.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Best reasons to buy insurance in California
Despite the high insurance cost in Hollister, paying for insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $820 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Informed consumers know how to buy insurance more affordably
Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates.
- Know your credit rating - An insured's credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit.
- Rates and your address - Being located in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
- Reduce premiums by driving safer cars - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can add up if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don't need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Save money with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Sign Online - A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Hollister could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic. But all discounts will help lower your overall premium however.
To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Hollister, click here to view.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my vehicle?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Hollister?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Hollister car insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Hollister?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you need to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Hollister may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shop around and save
You just read some good ideas how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Low-cost car insurance in Hollister can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in California? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)