Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive auto insurance rates in Redondo Beach, CA? Vehicle owners who are new to the process of comparing rates online are likely to discover purchasing inexpensive Redondo Beach auto insurance is harder than it needs to be.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of California drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
You should take the time to price shop coverage at least once a year because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best price on auto insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There are lots of tips to save on auto insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas you're about to read. The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and also pocket some savings Although California vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
How much does car insurance in Redondo Beach cost?
Just remember that quoting more will enable you to find a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. To locate cheaper auto insurance in California, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,816||$908||$151|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,310||$655||$109|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$986||$493||$82|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,338||$669||$112|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,330||$665||$111|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,306||$653||$109|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,916||$958||$160|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$966||$483||$81|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$2,072||$1,036||$173|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$1,576||$788||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can alter rates greatly.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The example below illustrates the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Redondo Beach. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Ford Escape XLS.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Policy deductible comparison
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The figures shown below outline the differences in premium rates between high and low comp and collision deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in Redondo Beach location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Based on the above data, using a $100 deductible will cost you about $31 more each month or $372 for a full year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go more than 13 months between claims, you would probably be better off by selecting a higher deductible.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in California is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Do drivers who switch really save $424 a year?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all convey the message that people will save just by moving your car insurance policy to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It's all in the wording.
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anyone that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest rates in Redondo Beach and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these stringent criteria must pay higher rates and this results in business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This emphasizes why drivers should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Score discounts on Redondo Beach car insurance
Companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
Some companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When shopping online for car insurance, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance prices in Redondo Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Redondo Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in California? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)