Would you like to buy more competitive insurance rates in Santa Ana, CA? Finding low-cost insurance for a car in California can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the best way to compare rates for a and obtain the best price possible.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Santa Ana car insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Santa Ana car insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Free - Santa Ana drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Santa Ana can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your overall bill.
Auto insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Santa Ana. To choose insurers with discount rates in Santa Ana, click here.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$982||$491||$82|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,710||$855||$143|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,364||$682||$114|
|GMC Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,350||$675||$113|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,552||$776||$129|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
Males versus Females
The diagram below compares auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Santa Ana. The data is based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Fusion SEL AWD.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance agents near you
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Santa Ana who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don't have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Santa Ana should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Santa Ana?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- When do they do policy reviews?
When narrowing the list to find a good Santa Ana insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Santa Ana are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's important to point out how they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Santa Ana that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Luis Olmedo
600 S Grand Ave #101 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 486-3441 - View Map
- Eddie Quillares Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
415 N Broadway - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 617-7150 - View Map
- Aidee Lopez - State Farm Insurance Agent
3750 W McFadden Ave e - Santa Ana, CA 92704 - (714) 775-3090 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Santa Ana willing to provide price quotes.
- Kristen M Brunzell - Aflac Insurance Agent
17291 Irvine Blvd Ste 385 - Tustin, CA 92780 - (714) 586-5338 - View Map
- Barrett Insurance Agency
1438 S Main St - Santa Ana, CA 92707 - (714) 973-9999 - View Map
- Ryan Hoherd, AFLAC Insurance Agent: Orange County, Long Beach, Riverside County
2770 S Harbor Blvd - Santa Ana, CA 92704 - (562) 212-3290 - View Map
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
We just showed you many ways to find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Santa Ana car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap car insurance in Santa Ana is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Santa Ana, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
As you quote Santa Ana car insurance, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)