Want low-cost auto insurance rates in Santa Cruz, CA? Paying low cost prices for auto insurance might be frustrating for drivers who are new to quoting coverage rates online. You have so many options available that it can quickly become hard work to find the perfect company for you.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in Santa Cruz could cut their rates by 35% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Quoting and buying more affordable car insurance policy in Santa Cruz is not as difficult as people think. But California vehicle owners must comprehend how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Some insurers do not list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount get Santa Cruz auto insurance on the internet.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Santa Cruz can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Resident Student - Children living away from Santa Cruz attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Santa Cruz, follow this link.
How to buy auto insurance online
All the larger auto insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get coverage prices directly from their websites. This process is very simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost rates.
To quickly compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you're receiving rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Santa Cruz, CA. If you want the best car insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$2,226||$1,113||$186|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,244||$622||$104|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,848||$924||$154|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault claims impact Honda Civic insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Santa Cruz.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Santa Cruz that can give you free Santa Cruz auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Upon getting good answers to these questions and affordable Santa Cruz auto insurance quotes, most likely you have located an provider that is reputable and can service your policy. But keep in mind policyholders can cancel your policy at any time so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
More affordable car insurance in Santa Cruz can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Santa Cruz auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in California? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)