How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest insurance rates in Tustin, CA? Trying to find cheaper insurance is always very difficult for drivers who have little experience comparing prices online. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a real difficult job to find a more affordable company.
A recent insurance study revealed that over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. California consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate the benefits if they switch to a new company.
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from many available insurance companies in California. The quickest method to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find more affordable rates. Some companies don't provide price estimates online, so you need to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Tustin, CA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in California, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,340||$670||$112|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,828||$914||$152|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$2,302||$1,151||$192|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,688||$844||$141|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,916||$958||$160|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,304||$652||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific Tustin garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Where to set your deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Tustin, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper auto insurance with discounts
Some providers don't necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tustin auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, continuous insurance, multi-policy, good student, new car, home ownership, and early quote.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in your state. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Tustin.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Tustin?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Once you have received good responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. But remember, you can terminate coverage for any reason so don't think you're contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way out.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Persistence will pay off
Cost effective insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Tustin, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in California? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)