Want to know an easy way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Yucaipa, CA? If shopping for Yucaipa car insurance quotes online is new to you, most likely you are overwhelmed by the diversity of companies competing for business in Yucaipa.
It's shocking but 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in California can save as much as 35% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage once or twice a year because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest price on car insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest way to find better coverage on car insurance at a better price.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if you're married, your occupation, if a SR-22 is needed, and how much coverage you want. That rating data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Yucaipa.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Yucaipa, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,310||$655||$109|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,498||$749||$125|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,536||$768||$128|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,418||$709||$118|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Sentra claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Where to set your deductibles
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for car insurance is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The tables below lay out the costs and benefits when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first data table uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$380||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,569||$131|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$430||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,619||$135|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$430||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,619||$135|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Yucaipa location which can alter auto insurance rates considerably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs roughly $28 more each month or $336 every year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you go more than 14 months between claims, you would probably save some money going with the higher deductible.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Components of your insurance policy costs
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Does your vocation raise your rates? - Careers such as judges, police officers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like farmers, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Premiums are high for teenagers - Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
- Limits of liability protection - Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Long commutes cost more - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Get hitched and pay less - Walking down the aisle may save some money on insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Discount Yucaipa insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Memberships - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including accident-free, multi-car, age of vehicle, annual mileage, and location of vehicle.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, business or organization, easy pay, anti-theft, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and membership and employees.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
Double check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Yucaipa.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Yucaipa can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to compare prices from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Quote more to save more
As you quote Yucaipa car insurance, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
Cost effective car insurance can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)